Contents: 1. Endoluminal Bariatric Surgery: Emerging Trends and Techniques/Subhash Khanna. 2. The Minimal Access Surgical Skills: What is the Optimal Training Technique Today?/Rahul Gupta and Daniel B Jones. 3. Training and Assessment Path in Minimal Access Surgery: From Basic and Advanced to Specialty Procedures/Jack Jakimowicz and Sandeep Ganni. 4. Laparoscopic Entry: Current Perspectives of Safe Access Techniques/Sanoop Koshy Zachariah. 5. 3D Vision Versus 2D Vision in Minimal Access Surgery: A Prospective Randomized Controlled Study/V Venkatesh, Ramya Jayaram and V Nandini. 6. Hernia in Obesity: Recent Guidelines/Ramen Goel and Amrit Nasta. 7. Minimal Access Surgery in Recurrent Inguinal Hernia/Prasanna Kumar Reddy, Nadeem Mushtaque Ahmed and Juneed M Lanker. 8. Endoscopic versus Surgical Procedures for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease/Ravi Teja Pasam and Vasanth Stalin. 9. Management Options for Complications and Failure of Surgery for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease/M Kanagavel, K Balaji Singh and S.M. Chandramohan. 10. Laparoscopic Vagal Sparing Total Gastrectomy: Patient Selection and Operative Technique/Cuong Duong and John Spillane. 11. Bariatric Surgery in Diabetes/Mahendra Narwaria and Ahmad Jan.12. The Indications for Reoperation and the Outcomes of Roux-en-Y as a Rescue Procedure/Pradeep Chowbey and Vandana Soni. 13. Reoperative Bariatric Surgery/Jaydeep Palep. 14. Current Trends in the Management of Gallstones with Concomitant Bile Duct Stones/S Easwaramoorthy, B Krishna Rau and Subhash Khanna. 15. The Technique of Minimal Access Hepatectomy 160/Gómez-Gavara Concepción.16. Recent Advances in the Role of Laparoscopy in Oncological Sciences/Govindara J.K., J.C. Bose, Karunaharan T, Parthasarathy R, Srinivasan KN, Arthi Vaishnavi B, Prasanna Kumar S andVisakan M....
The Swagat Academy of Medical Sciences in association with Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgeons (IAGES) has taken up the initiative of providing a rapidly updated clinical resource – The Recent Advances in Minimal Access Surgery. The first edition aims to provide a topical and practical surgical manual on various emerging and new clinical scenarios and arenas. This being the first edition emphasis is laid on new approach to basic sciences.
• An initiative taken up by Swagat Academy of Medical Sciences in association with Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgeons (IAGES).
• This is first edition of the series of books on this topic in world literature.
• It is a compilation of various current topics related to minimal access surgery (MAS) and gastrointestinal endoscopy.
• Highlights the rapid changes in techniques and emergence of new technologies.
• Covers various topics on basics and advanced MAS procedures and the future editions are likely to be more organ and subject specific.
• Contributed by many eminent experts from across the world.